Serviced apartments versus hotels
Before booking your next accommodation, just think for a second about your next stay:
- How many days are you going to be away?
- What is the purpose of your trip?
- What is important to you when you are not at home?
- Are you going to be joined by members of your family at some point?
Hotels have been the most popular accommodation option for the past two centuries, but according to ASAP (the Association of Serviced Apartments providers) and Relocate Magazine, they have been losing competitiveness against serviced apartments in recent years. If you haven’t tried this increasingly popular alternative read on to find out about the benefits of booking a serviced apartment versus a hotel.
What is a serviced apartment
A serviced apartment as a concept is a fully furnished flat that has all the amenities that you would usually find in a hotel room minus the price tag and the impersonal feel.
It usually consists of a number of rooms, including a bedroom, lounge and kitchen, with all utility bills included. Guests can decide to stay for a short time or a long-term residency. This kind of accommodation suits both the business traveller and the tourist, contemporary travel is often a mix of business and pleasure that greatly benefits from the flexibility offered by serviced apartments.
Benefits of serviced apartments
- They are significantly cheaper than similar standard business class hotel rooms.They typically cost around 20% less than comparative hotel rooms and daily living costs are lower.
- Your Apartment gives you the flexibility to eat in or eat out in a restaurant. Eating in is a great way to save money when staying away from home and it allows you to eat what you want when you want it. Hotels do not offer this service. All our apartments have fully equipped kitchens with plenty of pans, pots and crockery along with full laundry facilities allowing you to wash and dry your clothes at your convenience.
- All our serviced apartments are conveniently located for public transport and they come with a parking space if you have a car. They offer you the freedom of the city and the flexibility and privacy of a quiet neighbourhood.
- Because we use less staff than hotels this saving in cost is passed on to you, offering you more space for less money.
- In addition to all this, don’t forget that staying in a serviced apartment lowers the total cost of your stay due to the massive savings you can make from removing hotel laundry bills, room service, hotel restaurants and overinflated internet costs. Our serviced apartments have all wi-fi included.
- Serviced accommodations are just as easy to book as hotels but offer considerably better value. A stylish, elegant fully furnished ‘home away from home’, inclusive of weekly cleaning, towels and linen, and many amenities and comforts as standard.
- Often the price decreases with the length of your stay, helping your company to save in the long run, while offering more comfortable accommodation to you for longer stays.
Benefits of hotels
- Good for a couple of days spent in back to back business meetings, when you do not have much time to enjoy your stay due to work commitments.
- Hotels are great if you are spending a couple of days in a city that you do not know well and are meant to meet with clients. Hotels are often provided with meeting rooms and business facilities that will allow you to save time in long and exhausting commutes.
- Many hotels offer loyalty schemes but discounts redemption is at times a long process.