In addition to the usual theatre, cinema, drinking and dining options, Watford has a host of activities for residents and visitors alike.
For those who have possibly partaken in a little too much of the drinking and dining opportunities, there are a large number of gym and leisure facilities including:
• Watford Leisure Centre Central – this council run facility has a gym, swimming pools, exercise classes and climbing wall.
• Pump Gym, Watford Business Park – open 24 hours a day with monthly memberships available.
• NRG Gym Watford – a town centre based gym with monthly memberships and no contracts.
• Femme Fitness – a women-only gym in the heart of the town centre.
Dancers and aspiring dancers are also well catered for:
• If you fancy a jive head down to Beechen Grove Church on a Wednesday evening or alternatively try out Jive Swing’s monthly social dance, Harlem Nights, held on the first Saturday of every month.
• Moonglow offers classes in Latin, Ballroom, Salsa, Argentine Tango and Ceroc from beginners to advanced. It also runs Strictly classes, social nights and practice nights.
• Rise Studios runs adult classes in ballet, ballroom, tap, street and Just Jhoom. Designed as a “dance work out” the classes are an alternative for those who don’t like the gym.
If sport is more your thing then check out:
• West Herts and Watford Lawn Tennis Club offer competitive and social tennis all year round.
• Oxhey Park Golf club features a nine-hole course and driving range and is open to members of the public.
• Watford Velo Sport welcomes new and experienced cyclists. Members take part in road racing, time trialling, cyclocross, mountain biking as well as recreational rides.